Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Connected & Main Stream

Title: Connected
Location: 31-10 Thompson Ave.
In my own perspective you can see art all around you. The first image I found believe it or not was in the computer room at LaGuardia community college. It is located in the E building, room E141. In this image you’ll see a bunch of cables all tangled together and the center, but getting loose as you look away from the center .The shapes in this image are organic and abstract because there aren't any sharp angles it just flows together. I chose to present this image in black in white because it makes the cables look bolder and creates a contrast with the light background and the foreground. This work of art was accidental because nobody placed the cables in that specific form.

     
Title: Main Stream
Location: Hillside Ave, Jamaica
The second image is my favorite one because it doesn't look like what it actually is. I also present this image in black and white because it also helps create contrast throughout the image. This is a photograph of leather couch in my local barbershop which is located on 169st Hillside Ave, Jamaica, New York this work of art was accidental because the couch wasn't bought like that it was created by people sitting on it. I would compare this image to a river that is why I named it Main Stream because there are different areas where it breaks out but it’s still connected to the “main stream”.
-Jewry Leon

No comments:

Post a Comment