Friday, May 9, 2014

Sentient & Obstinate

Title: Sentient & Obstinate
Location: Brooklyn, NY walking down Belmont Ave between Schenck Ave and Barbey St
The work on the right-hand side I've entitled "Sentient & Obstinate" I stumbled across the broken asphalt on my way home and noticed something I probably wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't been looking; the street seems to have veins, darkened coarse veins. I then immediately searched for the most "veiny" area and tried my best to fit the bulk of it in my frame. I loved the achromatic look of it, I always loved the way lines denote emotion this may be why both my works contain heavy use of lines and very little use of value or much else. I entitled this work as i did to bring attention to the fact that humanity has instilled this grand idea of having domesticated the entire world and dominates completely, and uncontested. This of course is folly, nature cannot be bound my man, we may try to pave our roads, build our houses, and rule over simpler animals but nature can be seen protesting our stay. We blindly overlook obvious signs such as this one and stick to the absurd ideology that we dominate this earth.
-Michale Guallpa

No comments:

Post a Comment