Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Manhattan

Title: Manhattan
Location: Rockefeller Center

While I was walking through Rockefeller center today, I noticed that this sidewalk had a distinctive example of pattern. What drew my attention and compelled me to stop and take this picture, were the  bold lines and dark colors. The way the vertical and horizontal lines interact with each other creates this interesting appearance.  As well as forming some geometric shapes such as, thin rectangles and squares by crossing each other. While viewing the photo I sense sadness and depression. Perhaps the dark purple and blue colors suggest negativity.  The purple combined with white creates a pattern at the bottom of the photo. It enhances contrast by placing the colors below the dark purple rectangle.
-Gabriela Caceres 

No comments:

Post a Comment